Thursday, February 26, 2009

Cake Balls

Yummo these are so good~!! Way to many points about 4.5 but hay one won't kill the diet. 
I thought I would share the recipe. It is a spin off of one I found on the internet from. bakerella.blogspot.com I love reading her blogs and this one sounded so good. 
 You can use any kind of cake or frosting and even toppings that you want. 


Chocolate Covered Strawberries & Strawberry Cream Cheese Cake Balls

1 (18.25 ounce) package strawberry cake mix + cake mix ingredients
1/2 - 1 (16 ounce) Strawberry icing
1 - 24 oz block milk chocolate flavored almond bark

Prepare the cake mix according to package directions using any of the recommended pan sizes. When cake is done, crumble while warm into a large bowl, and stir in the frosting until well blended. Use a melon baller or small scoop to form balls of the cake mixture. I let the balls get cold in my freezer for about 20min. Melt Chocolate bark coating in a glass bowl in the microwave on the DEFROST selection or in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth.  Dip the balls in melted candy coating using a toothpick or fork to hold them. Place on waxed paper to set. 

No comments: